The RKI M2A™ is a state-of-the-art transmitter that can operate as an independent, stand-alone monitor or as part of an integrated system. The M2A connects with an analog or digital signal to virtually any controller, PLC, or DCS. Setup procedures are simplified with user friendly push buttons and OLED menus. It utilizes a magnetic wand technique for performing non-intrusive calibration. The M2A provides an automatic zero drift correction feature, which results in more stable readings and reduces the need for adjustments due to sensor aging.
The housing of the M2A does not need to be opened for zeroing or calibration, making it unnecessary to declassify the area for routine maintenance. It is designed so that a complete field calibration can be performed by one person. Sensor construction is rated Class I, Div. 1 Groups B, C, D for flammables, CO, H2S, O2, and CO2, and Class I, Div. 2 for all other toxics.
The transmitter provides a 4-20 mA output in addition to a Modbus digital output. It also has two levels of alarms with relays, plus a fail alarm with relay. A digital display of the gas concentration, as well as alarm and status lights, can be viewed through the front window.
The toxic sensors are electrochemical type plug-in sensors, which provide high specificity, fast response, and long life. The plug-in design allows quick replacement in the field with no tools required. Toxic sensors are designed for use in Class I, Div. 2 hazardous locations. Sensors available for NH3, SO2, PH3, AsH3, and HCN.
The M2A represents the latest leading edge technology in sensor / transmitters today.
- Operates with or without a controller
- Direct digital readout with OLED display
- Available gases include:
- LEL, O2, H2S, CO, CO2, and 100% Vol CH4
- Toxic gases include NH3, SO2, HCN, and more
- Infrared sensor for combustibles and CO2
- 4-20 mA & digital Modbus outputs standard
- 2 fully programmable alarm relays & fail relay
- Non-intrusive calibration via magnetic wand
- Explosion proof construction
- Patented water repellent sensor cover
- User friendly setup, push buttons & LCD menus
- Long-life sensors (2 + years typical)
- Petrochemical plants
- Water & wastewater treatment plants
- Pulp & paper mills
- Manufacturing facilities
- Semiconductor plants
- Chemical plants